Incorporate Your Business
Every small business should consider incorporating or form a limited liability company to protect their personal assets and for tax advantages.
Whether you have a home-based business, a small business or the next great business plan, you should seriously consider incorporating your business. You can do it yourself or hire an attorney to do it for you. We have been doing this for over 39 years and serve as Trusted Business Advisors to many successful businesses.
We can have you set up and ready to operate as a corporation within 24 hours.
The advantages of incorporating your business include:
- protecting your personal assets and your home from liens and liabilities arising from the business operations;
- gain greater flexibility in raising cash and distributing ownership (as in sale of stock);
- gain potential tax advantages available to corporations.
We have been helping our clients set up their enterprises for 40 years, and we bring this experience to bear in every business we help set up because we do so much more than just incorporate or form an LLC for your business. Here is just some of what we do to help you set up your business enterprise:
- Evaluate which form of business ownership is best for your enterprise.
- Decide in which state you should be organized.
- Explain all of the required filing fees.
- Advise you of the tax consequences of your business form.
- Advise you of how to protect your personal assets and limit your liability.
- Draft all legal documents to form your business.
- Register your business with the proper governmental authorities including the IRS.
- Check on the availability of your business name.
- Protect your trademarks or other assets.
- Provide you with a complete checklist of things that must be done to properly set up and organize your business so that it is ready to grow. A sample of our 5 page checklist can be seen on the right.
All of these steps, and more, are required if you want to make insure treatment as a corporation and avoid personal liability. The process is relatively inexpensive and simple. However, before you try to do it yourself or hire a service to set up your new corporation, remember you must also take steps to apply for the tax registrations and set up the corporation books. This is the reason why many business owners turn to experienced and knowledgeable business lawyers to help them with this process.
Your time is best spent making your business profitable. Don’t waste your time in dealing with the setup of your new corporation. Turn to attorneys who will incorporate and setup everything for you. Also, you will be building a professional relationship with someone who will have a working knowledge about the structure of your business. Take advantage of years of business advice when you consult with experienced business lawyers.
And once we have set you up, we don’t forget about you. We are concerned about your business growth, which is why we have developed our Corporate Maintenance Plan to promote a full business partnership with our law firm so that we become Trusted Business Advisors to your business and your family.
Attorneys at Law
15 North Northwest Highway
Park Ridge, Illinois 60068