To protect personal assets and for tax advantages.
Whether you have a home-based business, a small business or the next great business plan, you should seriously consider incorporating your business in 2015.
You can do it yourself or hire an attorney to do it for you.
The advantages of incorporating your business include:
- Protecting personal assets and your home from liens and liabilities arising from the business operations
- Gaining greater flexibility in raising cash and distributing ownership (as in sale of stock)
- Obtaining potential tax advantages available to corporations.
At Bellas and Wachowski, we have been helping our clients incorporate their enterprises for 40 years. We bring this experience to bear for every relationship because we do much more than simply filing incorporation paper work or forming an LLC for your business. We serve as Trusted Business Advisors to many successful organizations and think of ourselves as partners with many years of business experience to offer.
Here is just some of what we do to help you set up your business:
- Evaluate which form of business ownership is best for your enterprise.
- Decide in which state you should be organized.
- Explain all of the required filing fees.
- Advise you of the tax consequences of your business form.
- Advise you on how to protect your personal assets and limit your liability.
- Draft all legal documents to form your business.
- Register your business with the proper governmental authorities including the IRS.
- Check on the availability of your business name.
- Protect your trademarks or other assets.
- Provide you with a complete checklist of things that must be done to properly set up and organize your business so that it is ready to grow.
All of these steps, and more, are required if you want to ensure treatment as a corporation and avoid personal liability. The process is relatively inexpensive and simple. However, before you try to do it yourself or hire an online service to set up your new corporation, remember you must also take steps to apply for the tax registrations and set up the corporation books.
This is the reason why many business owners turn to experienced and knowledgeable business lawyers to help them with this process.
Your time is best spent making your business profitable, so don't waste your time in dealing with the setup of your new corporation. Turn to attorneys who will manage the tricky details and handle everything for you. Also, you will be building a professional relationship with someone who will have a working knowledge about the structure of your business.
Once we have set you up, we don't forget about you. We are concerned about your business growth, which is why we have developed the Corporate Maintenance Plan to ensure a full business partnership with our law firm.
For additional information and a free initial consultation, contact attorneys George Bellas or William Boznos.